Skip to main content
9905 S Pennsylvania Ave STE A, Oklahoma City, OK 73159 | (405) 928-8900
by Oklahoma Registered Agent LLC

Oklahoma Foreign Corporation Registration

Oklahoma Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation based in a state other than Oklahoma and want to transact business in Oklahoma, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Oklahoma. This is obtained by filing as a foreign corporation with the Oklahoma Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of Oklahoma will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Oklahoma corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of Oklahoma is called a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign Oklahoma Corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the Oklahoma Secretary of State. We also will track down the paperwork needed from the home state of your incorporation to submit your paperwork.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Oklahoma and the foreign corporation form is in your online account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some filing tips on how to make the filing with the state. Your business needs to have a registered agent in Oklahoma anyway, so we try to make the process simple and easy for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to send them to the Oklahoma Secretary of State yourself.

How do I sign up?

Just sign up for registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your online account and also at our filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab in your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. After we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Oklahoma, we always upload the filing in your online account, email it to you, and send you the original filed documents by mail.